Thursday, July 14, 2005

These little idiosyncrasies of mine make me nuts

I first want to say that yes, I did have to look up how to spell idiosyncrasy. I know the word and use it often but damn if I can spell it!

Secondly-saw this on the ABC nightly news this evening-it is a web page that one guy started up and has been flooded with pics and posts-it is a really neat thing and made me smile-which it is pretty easy for me to cry in a situation like this-what a GREAT idea. The pics are awsome. I will be taking one as soon as I can think up a cool idea for a sign for Maxine and I to hold.

--> We Are Not Afraid <--- GO NOW and check it out.


I was just mulling things around in my brain today and I realized that the guy in Florida that I dig [first name rhymes with hiccup] has initials that match the guy who I thought was “the one.” _JR and the guy who was the love of my life is JRA… _ JR & JR _ Okay so HOW WEIRD IS THAT? The guy who I thought was the love of my life initials JRA-he goes by the name Rusty-he has been married before me and then after me, [BOTH girls were named Lisa too-WEIRD HUH?] I was supposed to be in the middle and he wasn’t supposed to ever get married again-we were to live happily ever after…Well, he couldn’t stop dating other girls - 6 weeks before our wedding her picked up a girl I KNEW in a bar. I forgave him and then there were a lot more of those incidents- and yes, I ended up having a problem with it, so we finally ended it and I moved to Atlanta, for 4 months and then I moved back. He then met his second Lisa and got married 3 days before my birthday THAT HURT! Even thought I am sure he forgot my birthday-his is 12/21!!! Seven years we were on and off again. I would have done ANYTHING for him; I mean if he told me that he wanted me to do cartwheels naked down our street-I would have done it-it was that crazy. I remember him asking me why was I always so damn happy in the morning-I really think it was because of him. I am still generally happy in the AM but it was always nice waking up with him near me. There are like 10 times a day when I want to call Rusty and tell him what is going on in my life and see how he is coping with the second divorce-to say something to him that only we would get. But I can’t. I have known him since I was 13 and first moved to Florida. I have known him 23 years-well minus the last 8 because we were not talking. I thought he was “IT” for me. That whole one person for everyone-I thought that was us. I always got butterflies when I knew he was on his way home, or coming over-even when I was mad at him. He was the only person I ever wanted to marry…well except when I was 14; I just knew that George Michael would marry me when we met. Then I realized soon on that I didn’t have the right plumbing. OH, and then in the early 90’s there was Eric Zeier, quarterback for the Georgia Bulldogs-then the Browns, then the Ravens, then the Bucs and I don’t know now but I was planning on hunting him down in an airport somewhere and he was going to realize that I was the woman he always wanted. Yeah, that didn’t happen either.
SO, back to the “JR” initial thing…coincidence? I THINK NOT! It is me telling me to get over it! I know it won’t ever work with the guy in Florida that I dig either…we are just friends. He told me before that if he was single things might be different-but he is not and we are just friends. Can you believe that he still talks to me knowing good and well that I dig him? I should probably stop answering his emails…[insert whining voice] but he makes me llaaauuuugh…ALSO, HE EMAILS ME AND CALLED ME ONCE SO HA!
If he wants to call me and email me, he can. I will email him back and talk to him but I won’t get all goofy and excited when he calls-Riiiiggght, who am I fooling? I will still get all-stupid, he just does that to me like the other one did.

Funny word of the day-
Maxine to dog- “Come here you little pussy face…”
Me- [staring in shock]
Maxine to dog- “Look at your cute little pussy face.”
Me [staring still] ‘WHAT did you JUST say?’
Maxine to me- “Uhhhh, look at your pussy face…?
Me-“WHY did you say that???”
Maxine-“Grandma says it!”
Me-“Nooo, grandma says “Look at your little puss-NOT pussy-PUSSY is a bad word”
Maxine- [about to cry] “I didnit know!”
Me-“I know you did not know and I am just telling you so now you DO KNOW.”
Mom- [yelling at small dog-] “Fergie! Get your dirty little puss over here!”
Maxine- [looking at me wide eyed] “Ooohhh, -grandma said a bad word!”
Me-“Nooooo, she didn’t exactly…”
Maxine and I [giggling uncontrollably
Mom- [glaring at me] “What is so damn funny?”
Maxine-“NOW SHE DID!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Wow, I bet you had a hard time not laughing while you were telling her that pussy is a bad word.

Blake

1:17 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

Blake-
I was so shocked that she even said pussy that I couldn't laugh, but then when my mom said puss-I started to laugh so damn hard that I was crying!

7:25 PM, July 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home