Friday, July 08, 2005

It's hurricane season in Florida-AGAIN...

Man, I am joking about this but it is NOT funny-this picture is-hurricanes are not. I lived in Florida for 21 years and never had to deal with a really bad one-then I move up here and 4 in 1 year. My dad is still there for all of the mess-but he says he would rather deal with the hurricane season than the cold. He says if he ever has to come back up north to live he had better be in a box-and he better be dead.
I say buh-bye plywood, flashlights, water, ice, candles and etc...and HEELLLOOOO snow shovel!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Yeah, in Texas we get tornados, but that is more a white trash tax/hazard than anything else. And in Texas when it snows, which is rare, we freak out, close schools and businesses, and then salt and sand bridges like crazed assholes.

But I still wouldn't want my roof blown off every year so that I could have the pleasure of swimming in sky blue shark infested waters.

Blake

3:04 AM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

Blake-
Funny! I grew up here in Buffalo-but moved to St. Louis Missouri-our first winter there was the funniest because it had snowed like maybe 3 inches and everything was closed-IT NEVER CLOSED IN BUFFALO! We couldn’t not believe our good fortune! I guess it is the same in Dallas!

For Florida-I did love it there-I just missed the snow at Christmas. I only moved back up north because my mom needed me and I wanted my daughter to have a better education than Florida-the public school systems down there SUCK! Also for all of the 21 years I was down there I only came into contact with 1 jelly fish, which stung me, and 1 shark. It was only a nerf shark and we bumped into each other-no big deal. I used to go to the beach a lot so I say that those odds are pretty good!
Shawn~

11:18 AM, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home