Thursday, July 07, 2005

God Bless the morning commuters

God Bless all the folks in London today-for we here in the USA know all too good and well what they are going through-mostly-WHY?

Alright-did anyone else get on Classmates.com?
Do you all get these annoying messages from them???

Become a Gold member today!

Yeah, like I am going to spend 3 bucks a month to talk to people I don’t want to talk to anyway! Plus if they are not a member-will they even get an email I sent? I doubt it. Sure, curiosity does get the best of me and I go there to snoop-and just when you think you can get some info…

Become a Gold member today!

You get hit with that again! I know that they have the best intentions-I bet it was the really popular people who started this and now they are rich and laughing their asses off-oh well-just felt like venting on that since I received an email from them today to GO GOLD and that 43 people have visited my profile-um, does that count me too? Then I am the only one looking at it! = )

I have a job interview tomorrow-holy crap I am nervous! I hate these questions-
1-"So why do you want to work here?"
A truthful answer would be-“If you are paying what I think you are paying-I AM IN FOR THE MONEY!”
2-"So what would you say is your worst quality?"
Again a truthful answer would be-“That I snore…Oh you mean HERE? Well, I don’t work well with others.”
3-"What do you think you can bring to the table for us here at ________?"
Truthful answer-“Well, I am a very good baker and the steaks that I marinate for 24 hours an then do on a grill- well everyone just raves about them!”

I mean what the hell-do they ask these to just make me sweat? I am still practicing answers for this interview…WISH ME LUCK! I HATE that table question!!! EVERY. DAMN. TIME. THEY. ASK. IT!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER*
I will never write about things that happen to me at work-unless they are REALLY funny!!! = ) That is if anyone finds my blog!!!


Funny Quote of the day-
Max-“Oh great! MOM, I can’t find my invisible woman!”
Me- [trying NOT to laugh] “Isn’t that because she IS INVISIBLE?”
Max- [sigh] NOOO mom, her head isn’t invisible!”And she is saying this again like I don’t know any better or I SHOULD know better…But man, she left the door wide open in that one! So open that you could have thrown a car through it!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

You wouldn't be a descendent of Ben Franklin if you weren't in it for the money! Good luck on your interview (I hate those questions as well). I went to a job fair today, so I can understand your new-job-related angst. And I want a steak, like now! Thinking about one marinating for 24 hours is enough to get me all hot and bothered.

And I found your blog and I dig it! Keep writing.

Blake

12:00 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

Blake-
Hey, thanks for the compliment! If you are every up in Buffalo-I will make you a steak!
Well, I have a second interview-but the way it looks-they are not gonna pay me what I want/deserve so that’s out-we’ll see what happens in the next round **ding, ding**
New question asked today that I forgot about-
“Where do you see yourself in 10 years?”
“Hopefully working for you and making an ass load of money”
OR
“Living like Gabrielle Solice in ‘Desperate Housewives’ and married to a rich guy who works all the time and having the lawn boy service me...”
HAHAHAHAHA
Shawn~

11:48 AM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home