Monday, July 11, 2005

Mind altering drugs? No, that is REALY what I am hearing!

I am sitting at work today listening to the am oldies music that is being pumped into us and I am sure I know the lyrics…I stop pounding on my calculator and listen, now I have heard this song before and I thought that I knew it but when they said Paul Anka-Do I even know him? I know that I don’t have his cd in my collection, so I was mistaken. So as I said I am listening to this song and I here are the lyrics…
“It’s now or never-but I ain’t gonna live forever-I just want to live while I’m alive-it’s my life. My heart is like an open highway-Like Frankie said I did it my way-I just want to live while I’m alive.”
SO I keep hearing these lyrics all day in my head and it is making me crazy! So around 4:00, I hear a new song-here are THESE lyrics…
“Jump, might as well jump-go on and jump”
And you know what? IT AIN’T VAN HALEN! Holy shit it is Paul Anka again!!! Singing Jump by Van Halen. Then it hit me…holy shit the song earlier that he was singing It’s My Life by BON JOVI!!!! Say it ain’t so! I started cracking up-on the inside of course. I mean it doesn’t have the same music-just the lyrics…and did they say he could do that? Remake their songs with different tunes? It is as bad as all of the TV commercials with music I like-or worse yet-a damn Mitsubishi commercial and can’t find out who the hell it is!!!!! I mean at least if it is on a TV program I can look it up on line and find out. (Example-You Are My Joy-by Reindeer Selection on Grey’s Anatomy) It has been really hard to find some of the commercial songs unless they posted them in their web site-which most of them do not! Sorry, I got off track there-Paul Anka, doing those songs on AM radio…the oldies…Van Halen and Bon Jovi…WHEN did that happen? When did songs from my past get re made by old artists that don’t know jack about rock and roll? Oh Lord, help me now…I better go now and take my anti-old meds…and my geratol.

Funny out burst of the day…well Sunday actually.
Maxine- “Mom, can I have some of the cheese things in grandmas kitchen?
[she not realizing that orange dust is all over the front of her]
Me-“What do you think I am going to say missy?”
Maxine-“Um, no, because it is too close to dinner.”
Me-“You would be correct-but didn’t you already have some young lady?!!!
Maxine-[LARGE eyes] “How did you know that-I even washed my hands first!?”
Me-“I am PHYSIC! So don’t ever try to slip stuff by me because I will know! I am all knowing mom!”
Maxine-[large eyes still] “Okay mommy, I won’t and I am sorry.”
***If she believes that, my work here is done…If not, I am a liar to her forever-which one do you think she will believe-
Me=LIAR. Damn the luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home