Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just when I thought it was safe...

Last night was a real turning point in my life. I always said I would never lie to my daughter. If she asked, I would tell the truth, about everything...Until she asked what she asked me last night. She is seven mind you...
Daughter-(out of the blue-)"Mom, where do babies come from?"
Me-(choking) "WHY do you want to know that?!" (I also hate when people answer a question with a question...But NOW I know why, so they can scramble for a better answer!)
Daughter-"I just want to know..."
Me..."Um, well...THE STORK!" (Thank GOD for the vlassic pickle jar!)
Daughter-"WHAT? The stork?"
Me-"Yes, The stork brings you your baby..."
Daughter-(staring at me...For a few seconds...Saying nothing...)
Me-(She bought it...THANK YOU GOD, Thank you Thank you, Thank you!!!!!)

How awful am I??? I was SO not ready for that question at 7 years old!!! I now wonder if I will ever be able to dig my ass out of THAT lie-or if she will EVER believe me when I tell her the truth...I am such an idiot! But, how do you tell a seven year old where babies come from??? That whole"When a man and a woman are in love..." Really it should be, "When mommy was drunk and stupid, I had sex with your dad and poof! Here you are!!!" She couldn't handle the truth. There are some days I can't handle it. Then that whole "Reality Sucks" is a post for a later day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Don't kid yourself into thinking that she believed you. I am sure she heard something somewhere (probably on the devil bus) and was coming to you for clarification. My 3 cents (yes my thoughts are worth a penny more than most others) is that you still have a chat with her about it. I guarantee you she went to school (on the devil bus) and told her friends what your response was. And they have told her already that you have lied about it :P

Get to her fast before her friends do. Just give her the scientific side of it, not the emotional side. Then hopefully you won;t have to broach the questions about you and the ex. I am sure that she will be so grossed out by the physical act that she WILL NOT want you to go any further.

12:48 AM, February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home