Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"And Last Year At Band Camp..."

So I have not really written anything in a while-I have not been myself since the dog has gone and no period still. This week has just hit me like a train. I am guessing again that it is “the change” that is making me not feel so funny.
School supplies-oh how I love shopping for school supplies! I have a thing for nice pens. I used to write in a journal for Maxine but I lost them all in Florida. But I had a friend who worked at a medical center and she always gave me one of the pens that the drug reps would give her and I have taken some from various doctors I have visited. I asked if I could take them first though! I bet I have 50 different ones. Then I have some other silly pens and nice pens. The most I spent for a pen was 8.00, I thought it was like the 1.99 one I bought that ran out of ink and I couldn’t replace-but it was just a sheep in wolves clothing. I am better off woth the 1.99 ones. The one I dig at the moment is a Mike’s Hard Lemonade pen-a free gift with purchase! It is BRIGHT yellow. It writes soooo smoothly! Anyway-school supplies. It is a pretty easy list since it is only first grade! But we shall be doing the shopping this weekend. Then there are clothes to buy. I will be doing that nearer to the start of school because she grows like a weed! I buy her pants and two months later they can be capris!

So how about that plane crash huh? My mom works for the airlines (Continental to be exact) and they were diverting some of Toronto’s flights to the Buffalo airport. Lucky for mom, she had the night off! That is awesome that they all made it off! Mom used to be a flight attendant for American. She told me last night that you don’t even think when that happens-you know what to do and say and you have 90 seconds to get the plane clear. YIKES! 90 seconds to get 297 passengers out? Plus all 12 crew members? Job well done Air France crew!

Here is my funny for the day-and it is not from Maxine...It is from Dad-Thanks Dad, you send the best jokes!
This equation should be taught in all math classes!
From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder
about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been
to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about
achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?
Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
questions:
If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.
Then:
H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
And
K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
But,
A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%
And,
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.
K-I-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that While Hard work and
Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's theBullshit and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

3 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

eeeek about the period thing--- do you think you are pregnant?

4:26 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

M~
Nope, no chance of that. I have not had sex in Y-E-A-R-S! I don't even remember that last time! So now I guess I am just waiting for hot flashes now. I say double EEKK to that!

9:38 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 AM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home