Sunday, July 31, 2005

Good Bye Sweetie.



Well, I lost a dog this weekend. I didn’t lose him-he had to be put to sleep. That sucks SO bad. It was awful for me to see He was 14 and except for the occasional running off when he was younger, he was a wonderful dog. He couldn’t walk anymore, he couldn’t get up to go potty. I had to carry him outside and hold him. The vet said the dogs have 3 vital things that keep them going, they eat, drink and play. If you take anyone of those away-their quality of life is gone. Champ had not played in a long time…

My sister says my blog is disgusting and vulgar. She doesn’t get out much…I am kidding-she yells at me every time I swear when we are on the phone-but it was okay when SHE was doing it…sorry N…oops, I was ALSO instructed NOT to use her name. Blah, blah, blah.

Since I lived in the south for 21 years I can say that all of this is true!
Thanks for the joke Dad…

Things I've learned about The South…

Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.

There are 5000 types of snakes, and 4998 live in The South.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in The South, plus acouple that nobody has seen before.

Squirrels will eat anything.

Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.

Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.

If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.

A tractor is NOT an all-terrain vehicle. They do get stuck.

Onced and Twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.

Fire ants consider your flesh a picnic.

People actually grow and eat okra.

"Fixinto" is one word.

There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper.

"Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it whenyou're two.

"Backards and forwards" means, "I know everything about you.

"Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"

You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is.

You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

Since Rusty was from South Georgia-I heard a lot of this language in my time and they used to call me Yankee with their voices full of hate...well not Rusty. He knew better. They were super nice when they were drunk on the 3 dollar a case beer though.

4 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

ohhh, so sorry about your dog. that is hard, isn't it..

4:38 PM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

M~
it was and still is just awful. I get up in the morning and he was always at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. Thanks for your condolences.

9:16 AM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Blake said...

I love the south! it is so cultured!

And sorry to hear about your dog. But, [the following will be hokey], all dogs go to heaven.

Blake

9:57 PM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

Blake-
Thanks, I like to think that he is in heaven. (my daughter owns that movie)
And no disrespect to the south at all-just something I thought was funny.

10:43 AM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home