Tuesday, July 26, 2005

So True

A man in his 40's goes in for a physical.
The doctor says "I have good news and I have bad news.
"The man says, "Give me the bad news first."
Doc says, "There is a problem with your penis, you can only get a few more erections, and then you won't have any more for the rest of your life."
The man says, "What in the world is the good news?"
Doc says, "We know the number is exactly 25, so you can plan your use of them accordingly."
The man leaves and drives around for a couple hours pondering his situation, and how to confront his wife.
When he gets home he tells her, "Honey, I have good news, and I have bad news."
She says, "Give me the good news." He says, "I can only have 25 more erections, and then I can't have any more, ever."
She says, "We can work around that, we will just make a list and only use them when it is absolutely necessary to fulfill our desires, and make the most out of each one, what in the world is the bad news?
"He says, "I made a list, and you aren't on it.."

Okay, this is the first shuttle launch that I have missed since 1983. I lived right across from KSC. It was weird to watch it on television and not to be outside experiencing it as usual. Then they have this to say…

Also, NASA video revealed what appeared to be a sizable piece of material — maybe a chunk of insulation — coming off the shuttle's external fuel tank two minutes into flight. It did not strike the orbiter that carries the seven astronauts, the NASA manager said. Other agency footage showed covers flying off Discovery's thrusters — something expected to happen.

Rusty-my ex love-has worked at the space center on the OHMS pods since 1990 and when they do their first ohms burn when they are out of earths atmosphere-the covers come off of the thrusters. It was weird to read that because when it would go up when he was still at home, we would wait to hear on NASA TV when they did the burn. I just felt like sharing…



My daughter pretends that she is talking on the phone…She picks up the extension, acts like she is dialing and then talks to her “My Scene” friends. Man, is this how it is going to be soon? Her calling people up and me having to wrestle the phone away from her to dial 911 when I set the kitchen a blaze trying to make her dinner? Welcome to my nightmare…


We went out on Saturday boating with my mom and her friends. Now, Max, my little girl is afraid of her Raggedy Ann doll, opening her eyes underwater, broccoli and the dark, but will jump off a fairly large boat like a flying squirrel into the lake that she never has been in before with only a life vest. WHAT. IS. UP. WITH. THAT? Speaking of afraid of the dark…last night when we went to be I told her to go get in her bed and I would be right up. When I turned everything off and went to the stairs, I came around corner she was standing in the dark. I almost ran right into her and I jumped, screamed, and almost peed in my pants. She jumped when I screamed and said to me “I was afraid to go and turn on the light” But yet she is standing in the dark waiting to scare the crap outta me because I was not expecting her to be there! Guess you had to be there.

3 Comments:

Blogger BadGod said...

I was having dinner with my sis-in-law and my 6 yr old niece. My sis-in-law went into kitchen to answer phone, I glanced over at my niece and she had the strangest look on her face. I asked what's wrong? She turned and looked right at me and laughed. I cannot decribe it. It freaked me out. I instatnly thought of "the exorcist". Then she just went right on eating. Creepy.
I asked sis-in-law about it. She says some cartoon favorite of hers laughs like that. Kids are just not right.

5:52 AM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

I would have freaked out too. Can you imagine her head spinning around? I think all kids have their moments when they send their family members screaming towards the door-Mine does it everyday, yet I can’t leave! HA HA
But speaking of cartoons…the crap my daughter watches when I am not near her. I do not understand them sometimes. They don’t make sense. I do not believe it is because of my age, I just think the cartoons are just stupid! I bet you my daughter watches the same cartoon your niece watches-and knows the laugh well!

7:01 AM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger cmhl said...

I loved the joke!!!

3:07 PM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home