Saturday, October 29, 2005

I think there are Penguins in my back yard


My dad sent these to me. They are refrigerator magnets for the modern woman. Pretty funny I think.
Not too much new. My dad is well. I love having him here. I can talk to him about freezing my arse off and he will understand and not laugh or call me a wimp. On Halloween night, it is COLD! Maxine is going to be a geisha girl. Not in full kimono regalia, but close and she will have to wear a coat. It will be hard to appreciate her costume, but when I was a kid, if people didn’t ask what you were, they wanted you to do a trick or something. Not today though. I am pretty sure they will just throw some candy in the bag and that will be it. No one will appreciate her costume but me. When I handed out candy, I wanted to know what everyone was…I was an ass like that. Especially the older kids…I always asked “So what are you this evening?” Especially when they came in regular clothes with a painted face and a hat on. I was a jerk like that. I had good candy too because I didn’t want to spend money on healthy candy that I would just throw away! I ended up eating leftovers! I am still that way today, except, my kids likes sponge bob things and just plain old Hershey bars…I just got her to try kit kat bars, she digs those and I LOVE reses peanut butter cups…I always have those on Halloween, I eat one, give some away…it works like that. I end up awake all night from the sugar…well, now I just take out the little one and FREEZE up here and I keep the candy unless there are late night kids. I don’t buy like I used to. All of the leftovers go into her bag now. I sneak one here and there.
Maybe some jokes tomorrow…I thought that they were moving the clocks back in November…didn’t they pass that? To save energy? I guess not…jerks!

1 Comments:

Blogger worry woman said...

I am not sure...I will ask, there are a few more, I just have not posted them...

6:23 AM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home