Sunday, September 25, 2005

One Tequila, Two Tequila, YES everyone, get drunk and say GOODBYE to those hips!


Oh good gracious, WHAT will they come up with next? I can hear people now...
"Gee officer, I was just trying to lose weight. It is the new Tequila diet!"
Can you imagine?
Read Article below...
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Scientists from Mexico's tequila producing region say juice extracted from the blue agave plant, best known when distilled into the fiery spirit, may help dieters shed pounds and cut cholesterol.
Sadly for the world's growing band of tequila lovers, agave's possible health benefits are lost when the plant is distilled into alcohol.
Now however, researchers from the University of Guadalajara, close to the town of Tequila, the cradle of Mexico's famous alcoholic export, say the plant's powers go beyond inducing euphoric highs followed by crushing hangovers.
"The structure of agave contains, among other things, substances known as fructans," Dr Jorge Segura, who is leading the investigation, told Reuters on Thursday. "Fructans reduce cholesterol (and) alter the absorption of fat in the intestine,
at least in animals."
Segura said he was confident his team of 20 researchers would have similar results during their 18-month study on humans, launched this week.
Inulin, a type of fructan, is a carbohydrate found in many plants, including asparagus. Some scientists believe inulin helps weight loss.
Segura hopes that his research will open new markets for Mexico's thousands of agave farmers who have watched prices plummet as supply outstrips demand."This will benefit the agave farmers more than anyone," he said. "Prices have collapsed in recent years."

Now I know it says that you can't lose weight by drinking because of the alcohol...but WHY even send this message out? That must have been a fun reasearch group to be in though huh?


So Maxine, Dad and I went to dinner last night…while getting out of my car, I put my hand on the door frame of the car and before I know it, Max has SLAMMED my index finger in the door…I DO NOT know how this happened, all I know is that I was eerily calm! I was freaking inside for like a second-then I realized that I was the only one who could free my finger…I grabbed keys so I could unlock back door, remembered that it doesn’t have an outside lock-twisted around so I could just hit the unlock button inside the car on the door because mine was not shut yet…so I did and I had to open door to free my index digit because my daughter was standing there in shock and my Dad had just come to see why we were just hanging out by the side of the car.
Dad-”Oh gosh, are you okay?!”
Me- “Yeah, I’m good.” (I am trying not to cry-which I didn’t because I thought it would scare my kid!)
Max- “Mommy, I am sorry so sorry!” (clearly waiting for me to scream)
Me- “Its okay, it was an accident, you were not looking to see if I had my hand in the door.”
So that is the story-but I am having trouble typing, do you know how hard it is to type when you can’t put your index finger on home row? (In case nobody out there took typing home row is (right hand) ASDF- (left hand) ;lkj…so when you can’t use your index finger on F, I get ALL screwed up!


Here is my joke for the day...If only I had ever been this clever...It is called the BEST break-up letter

Dear Ricky, I can no longer continue our relationship. The distance between us is just too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you twice since you've been gone, and it's not fair to either of us. I'm sorry. Please return the picture of me that I sent to you.
Love, Becky
The Marine, with hurt feelings, asked his fellow Marines for any snap shots they could spare of their girlfriends, sisters, ex-girlfriends, aunts, cousins etc. In addition to the picture of Becky, Ricky included all the other pictures of the pretty gals he had collected from his buddies. There were 57 photos in that envelope .... along with this note:
Dear Becky, I'm so sorry, but I can't quite remember who you are. Please take your picture from the pile, and send the rest back to me.
Take Care, Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home