Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Lot of nothing to report from me...

Now my pets are like family. I could no more leave them behind then leave my daughter. But in extreme circumstances like this, I should not judge…I would have just took off in the car with all my babies. God bless all of the people who were there in Alabama, Florida, Lousiana and Mississippi.


I do not understand how people can just leave their animals…I mean look, they even moved the dolphins!

A worker from the Gulfport Oceanarium checks on the well-being of two dolphins in the swimming pool at a hotel while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passes near Gulfport, Mississippi August 29, 2005. Hurricane Katrina ripped into the U.S. Gulf Coast on Monday, stranding people on rooftops as it pummeled the historic jazz city New Orleans with 100 mph (160 kph) winds and swamped Mississippi resort towns and lowlands with a crushing surge of seawater. REUTERS/Frank Polich


Good for this guy...he WENT BACK for his dogie! = )

Not a thing new here. I have been watching CNN & Fox News non stop. The little one thinks a hurricane is a black hole. I DO NOT know where that came from but I have told her no more than once it is not. For ALL 21 years that I lived in Florida, I only had to deal with one hurricane. It was a catagory 1. Nothing compared to the wind that Katrina brought! I can't even imagine how bad that was.

8 more days until school starts!!! She can't wait and neither can I! A Natalie Imbruglia song was on the radio the other day the song "Wrong Impression." So later in the day I hear Maxine singing it, EXCEPT instead of singing "I didn't want to leave you with the wrong impression..." Maxine is singing..."I didn't want to leave you with a bad infection..." AT. THE. TOP. OF. HER. LUNGS. OUT. FRONT. I'm sure she was singing it for a while too. I wonder how many neighbors heard...HAHAHAHAHA

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

These hurricanes seem to follow me. I lived in Houston when one hit Galveston. Then I lived in South Florida when Andrew hit. Now in Birmingham, last year Ivan and now Katrina. Guess all in all I have been really lucky to not be in the exact direct path.
Gosh, that is so funny about Maxine singing the wrong song. That is so cute, when my daughter was about 8 she was singing a Robert Palmer song.."Simply Irresistable". She kept singing "Send me a sister pole". We still laugh about that.

3:47 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

I am glad you are okay! There was only Hurricane Erin that hit Florida in the 21 years that I lived in there. Then I leave and where I used to live gets slammed. Weird huh?
Max sings the wrong words a lot. This was just sooo funny. I am sure we will be laughing about it just like you and your daughter!

8:38 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger cmhl said...

did you see the blurb on the news, with the little boy crying because he couldn't take "Snowball" on the bus? how heartbreaking.

3:24 PM, September 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home