Wednesday, August 24, 2005

GOOD LORD...I THINK ONLY MODELS LOOK LIKE THIS WHEN PREGNANT. I looked like a house! But of course, my sister was tiny. It looked like she swallowed a basketball, but she [my sister] could be the poster-child for early intervention for Aneroxia. Nice picture for the baby though. "And here is a picture of Mommy when you were in her belly...it was so pretty that they decided to put us on the cover." Yup, I am a bit jealous. Maxine will look at a picture of me pregnant with her and probably ask what happened to her twin.

I read this on yahoo news yesterday. I guess I am going to have to look forward to this myself soon. It is really hard trying to explain to kids early on that sometimes things really suck.

He arrived 10 minutes before his fate, so Filip Olsson stood outside Severna Park High School and waited for coaches to post the cut list for the boys' soccer team.
Olsson, a sophomore, wanted desperately to make the junior varsity, but he also wanted justification for a long list of sacrifices. His family had rearranged a trip to Sweden so he could participate in a preparatory soccer camp; he'd crawled out of bed at 5:30 a.m. for two weeks of camp and tryouts and forced down Raisin Bran; he'd sweated off five pounds and pulled his hamstring.
Finally, a coach walked by holding a list, and Olsson followed him into the high school. He walked back out two minutes later, his hands shoved deep into his pockets and his eyes locked on the ground.
"It felt," he said later, "like a punch in the stomach."


I didn’t make the track team. I wasn’t really dissappointed though. I only wanted to do it because my sister ran track and ANYTHING she did, I wanted to do. She was on the diving team, I went out and got on the diving team. Anyway, it also said in this story that it was really hard for the coaches to have to cut kids. I just hope I can explain to Maxine that some things just are not meant to be and that when one door closes, another one opens. I HATED hearing that. But, it was true. I have a plaque in my kitchen that my Mom bought for me and it says “If At First You Don’t Succeed, Do It Like Your Mother Told You To.” It is SO true.

Maxine has been driving me crazy lately. I feel awful for saying such a thing but it is true. It isn’t like I can just put my shoes on and tell her, as I walk out the door, “I need an hour.” Because it is just me!!! My girlfriend says “Maxine is up your ass all the time” So, it is my fault because I have always been RIGHT THERE for her. I feel guilty Her newest thing to say is “Sorry Mom” I look at her and she looks back at me like you-know-I-have-to-say-it-at-least-two-thousand-times-a-day-or-I-can’t-function. I. CAN’T. WAIT. FOR. SCHOL. TO. START. Bring on the homework! I won’t hear that she has had a boring day. Walk a mile in MY shoes at work honey, then we will discuss boring!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

You won't believe how quickly time goes before she is grown up and out of the house. I can testify to that. It seems like yesterday that my 22 year old "little girl" and 21 year old "little boy" were running around playing in the yard. Now I am by myself, and I truly miss those days. Luckily I have a boyfriend that fills some of my time, but I still miss my babies. Great memories though!

2:55 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Nancy said...

Caitlyn is always up my ass. Luckily I have a husband to look at and say "she's all yours, I am at the bar 10 minutes ago." However, they won't always be that way (at least I hope) and we can look back and sob that we pissed and moaned about it. But for now, I will moan and all will listen :P

10:21 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

Lee Ann, I know you are right, and I do feel awful for thinking I need a break sometimes and if I could just lock myself in the closet…just kidding. I see baby pictures of her and think, “When the heck did she get so BIG?” I am nothing but Maxine’s mom now and I can’t imagine being anything else. I also can’t imagine her not being here one day. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Nancy, YOU CRACK ME UP! Yeah, I sometimes wish I had a husband or a significant other, but then there is all this responsibility that comes with them too. I would rather rent and not own when it comes to men…Then again, I never did find a good one, so who am I to say!
It is good to hear Caitlyn makes you nuts too because she was so tiny and it must be hard NOT to give her whatever she wants. I have realized that this whole “mother” thing is really hard sometimes!

8:38 AM, August 25, 2005  
Blogger cmhl said...

I can definitely say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I did NOT look like that when I was pregnant. hahahah.

9:54 AM, August 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home