Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My pockets are empty...and she wants MORE crap...

This is my favorite Christmas song, if it can even be considered a Christmas song. I am not sure why but it makes me sad now a days. Oh well.

Met my old lover in the grocery store
The snow was falling Christmas Eve
I stole behind her in the frozen foods
And I touched her on the sleeve
She didn't recognize the face at first
But then her eyes flew open wide
She went to hug me and she spilled her purse
And we laughed until we cried
We took her groceries to the checkout stand
The food was totaled up and bagged
We stood there lost in our embarrassment
As the conversation dragged
We went to have ourselves a drink or two
But couldn't find an open bar
We bought a six-pack at the liquor store
And we drank it in her car
We drank a toast to innocence
We drank a toast to now
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness
But neither one knew how
She said she'd married her an architect
Who kept her warm and safe and dry
She would have liked to say she loved the man
But she didn't like to lie
I said the years had been a friend to her
And that her eyes were still as blue
But in those eyes I wasn't sure if I saw
Doubt or gratitude
She said she saw me in the record store
And that I must be doing well
I said the audience was heavenly
But the traveling was hell
We drank a toast to innocence
We drank a toast to now
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness
But neither one knew how
We drank a toast to innocence
We drank a toast to time
Reliving in our eloquence
Another 'auld lang syne'
The beer was empty and our tongues were tired
And running out of things to say
She gave a kiss to me as I got out
And I watched her drive away
Just for a moment I was back at school
And felt that old familiar pain
And as I turned to make my way back home
The snow turned into rain

I have been so darn busy with all of the Christmas shopping and such…My step dads family is coming in from out of town, so a lot more thought goes into gift giving this year. Not a lot for gift card mailing…that really is a lot easier I tell you! The step brother and new wife are a whole other story when I have more time…The “Perfect” stepsister sent out the most perfect Christmas card with a picture of their son on the front. I mean you look at the photo and think…holy moly, how could things ever be bad there? But I know better…I wonder if she still likes the bike. (See this entry)
For Christmas, we got her a thing that looks like a red tent that you hook to the bike and drag you kids on behind you. I think it is cool, and I have seen them around here, but with my luck, it would break off and my kid would have went flying down a hill without me-but that is just what I think. I am going to get one of those tandem things you can hook a bike on top your existing bike…it looks cool. But my kid would want to ride her own bike and not with me-I can see that happening if I get it. SO I am sure I wont!
I am really sick right now. WICKED sore throat and fever. I need to get to the doctor for some antibiotics…but I am too busy! I bet my keyboard is just crawling with germs…ewww. I will clean it soon. AFTER I get some antibiotics! HA HA HA!


MM's Christmas play was today…it was so cute! I ended up standing up in the back because #1-I do not fit in here in this town, #2-I had the SUPER lens on the new birthday/Christmas camera…DID YOU ALL SEE THIS YET? (click here if not) and #3-I just don’t fit in here…It is like on Sesame Street…(play music) “Which one of these things is NOT like the other…” That would be ME! The single, poor, unmarried mother! I am pretty sure that a lot of the bullshit I am talking about is all just me being ridiculous, but I am not sure, so I keep on worrying about it. It feels really good to get it all out on here though!

OH and my stupid show is on tonight…Lost. Let me tell you how “Lost” I really am. SAME thing with “Grey’s Anatomy.” WHY are Derek and Meredith NOT TO GETHER??? I liked it a lot better with all of the sexual tension that they had going on! Oh well, they keep me watching to see if it will happen again, so WHO IS THE FOOL? If you answered YOU…YOU are CORRECT!

I was reading some b.s. About the Titanic yesterday that they think it sunk faster that previously thought…here is what the guy who originally found it had to say…(this is great!)

"The breakup and sinking of the Titanic has never been accurately depicted," said Parks Stephenson, a Titanic historian who took part in Monday's conference.
The 46,000-ton ocean liner was billed as "practically unsinkable" by the publicity magazines of the period. But it struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage just before midnight on April 14, 1912, and sank the following day. About 1,500 people died.
Explorer Robert Ballard found the bulk of the wreck in 1985, at a depth of 13,000 feet and about 380 miles southeast of Newfoundland. Ballard was not impressed with the expedition's find.
"They found a fragment, big deal," he said. "Am I surprised? No. When you go down there, there's stuff all over the place. It hit an iceberg and it sank. Get over it."

HA HA HA! How correct is he? I agree.

Then there is this…I found it a while ago and forgot to put it up here…it would take 88.88 cups of brewed coffee to kill me…I doubt that because I KNOW that I have had more than that around tax season!

THEN…I was being a Yahoo/Google whore and looking to see if I could find myself on-line…guess what…I DON’T exist on there! I am not sure if that is good or bad yet. But here are two of the top contenders! FirstSecond

THEN there is what I was writing about the other day about the kid…Mine and another girl on the bus wrote on the seat. Well, I DO NOT BELIEVE mine did it because of what the neighbor girl said. But then again, I don’t want to think she would EVEN THINK of doing what she might have done. The seat in front of her was written on and it reads, “Maxine is gay” L-O-V-E-L-Y huh??? It also says “Emily is…?” No one can read the rest. It doesn’t look like Maxine’s writing and she doesn’t have markers and she can’t spell G-A-Y by herself. MIND you, know meanings to the word! I can sing, “I feel pretty…” so she might know it means happy, but I doubt it. Now, the second grader knows what it means in the BAD sense AND said to her mom…”Maxine asked to borrow a marker to do her homework before school…” Maxine does her homework in PENCIL-and she does it at home-not on the bus…THEN the second grader admitted to writing, “is” but she told her mom THAT WAS THE ONLY WORD SHE WROTE! I usually know when my kid is lying, I swear she was telling me the truth when she said she didn’t do it. That is besides the fact that I don’t want to believe that she did it. The neighbor is known to lie-her momma told me that! I really wish that they had cameras on the bus!!! So, that is why I was so pissed…I am now just ignoring it all and she is NOT allowed to ride the bus in the morning. 45 minutes on the bus UN attended is WAY too long when we live 5 minutes from school…so now I drive her. So there is the story…
I am now going to go home and feed the kid then soak in a HOT tub and crawl into bed with the little one…nighty-night everyone…

I MISS BLAKE!!! = (

1 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

that song always make me sad!!

and I miss Blake too! have you heard from him?

8:45 PM, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home