Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Okay, so Mike got me thinking about how movies touch our lives and how we can live vicariously through films. Well, I am that way with music. I LOVE MUSIC. I grew up listening to Mozart and Haydn. I did not like it then, but now I can really appreciate it. I used to clean the house to Vivaldi. I dig all kinds of music and how some songs just touch my soul-how I feel that they were written for me or about me. So, I will put down some lyrics I like-and anyone out there, if you want to-“Holla’ Back” (<-- Gwen Stefani) I won’t put anything by Alanis Morissette because I WOULD HAVE TO PUT EVERYTHING! There are so many more songs, I am just thinking of these few for now…
Lisa Loeb “Fools Like Me”
But I did, I can, I was, I am only human, living, dying
Just like any fool who ever breathed
If love is blind, if love's a drug,
it always is, it always was
And love was surely made for fools like me
Maybe it's the sanest thing
Or just the sweetest kind of dream
But love was surely made for fools
Love was surely made for fools, love was surely made for fools
Love was surely made for fools, love was surely made for fools like me

Anna Nalick “Breathe”
Cause you can't jump the track
We're like cars on a cable
and life's like an hourglass glued to the table,
No one can find the rewind button girl
So cradle your head in your hands.
And breathe, just breathe

Default “Sick & Tired” (<-- ROCKIN’ song!!!)
You've taken these things that belong to me
Twisted so tightly and torn so carefully
The last time it ends with just you and I
Alone in a room with these torn bed sheets
I can see what you see, and it ain't worth it to me
The same old conversation over and over and over
I'm just sick and tired of those lies you tell me
You say those same things to me over and over and over
It's safe to say you're surprised, I see right through you this time
But I keep telling you it's over it's over it's over


No Doubt “Bathwater”
So why do we choose the boys that are naughty?

I don't fit in so why do you want me?
And I know I can't tame you...but I just keep trying'
Cause I love to wash in your old bathwater
Love to think that you couldn't love another
I'm on your list with all your other women
But I still love to wash in your old bathwater
You make me feel like I couldn't love anotherI can't help it...you're my kind of man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home