Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Okay, so now I am addicted to Zaba Search. I am looking up all the people I know now and people I have lost contact with.

One person I am trying to find I used to date…He was my first RHB love. (red headed boy) He moved away and I went to visit him in Oklahoma about a year after he moved. He went to college there and got a girlfriend who threw everything pertaining to me away. I called his dorm and she answered and told me that they would be studying and I should NOT call back, I didn’t. Oh well, I know where his brother is and works. His brother is a doctor and practices by my sister in St. Louis. I don’t have the guts to call him-or to even leave a message! So, I will sit around wondering-it might be best that way-I am sure he is married with some kids. But it is fun to fantasize about what I would do if I saw him…BECKY! His girlfriends name was Becky, I just remembered! I also remembered that they got in an argument and she broke his collarbone! I saw him in St. Louis in the mid 1990’s. He was living in Chicago doing his apprentice architect work. We had dinner and a long night out-we went and saw his brother-I have not heard from him since. We were such good friends-I mean so he didn’t have to move my mom said he could have lived with us…His mom said HELL NO. She was not fond of me…I wonder how she is…(Sigh) I sometimes make myself crazier than I normally am. An architect and a doctor, my father made a joke that there is good sperm in that family. (HA HA HA)

Okay, still new to the area around here, went for a run/walk last night, and, um, I got lost. Ran past this guys house twice (both ways so actually four times) and I swear he was laughing at me! I should have said Dude, give me a damn ride! Or, have you never seen anyone lost before? I mean he was a man so he should have understood about not asking for directions! I found my way though. I went an extra mile too! I was jamming to Nickelback and singing-well not OUT LOUD! That would have been wrong and I would have made any dogs out howl. That’s that, I got lost, so what right?

I taught my daughter to swim last year, all by herself in the deep end. She did okay in Florida but she had a suit with floaters in it that helped her. I taught her to swim under and hold her breath last summer and she is doing so well already this year! Everyone here is sending their kids to swimming lessons. I CAN’T AFFORD THAT! I didn't have lessons, it was swim or sink. (just kidding, my dad taught me!) She wanted to go to the lessons…She is okay with the fact that I don’t have the money to send her. She is a good kid, except for the sometimes smart mouth and the constant questioning. She answers a question with a question. I can’t stand that! I know that is the least of my worries…I hate to think that she won’t like me when she is older-that we will fight. I sure hope that we don’t. I will pray about it-that’s all I can do! My mom and I were always close, I just want that kind of relationship with her. Time will tell...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Hi Shawnie, I found you on Debi's site...that mother-daughter relationship is always so tricky...and goes through so much in a lifetime...but it will be so worth it...and even if things become hairy one year, they could be blissful the next :)

12:03 PM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger worry woman said...

I do hope she & I have more good moments than bad! She is so thoughtful and funny, and a terror at times! (ha ha) I watch her sleep and Lord I hope she won't make stupid mistakes like I did! My site is not as cool as Debi's though, I just ramble on with no rhyme or reason!

1:08 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home