Saturday, May 28, 2005

How normal am I?

Man, it is almost summer and the ice cream truck is BLARING that dang pied piper music so my baby is jumping up and down for ICE CREAM! I live in a quiet neighborhood, it is very light traffic-out of the way of the city-I give her a dollar and tell her to go. My sister calls just as my daughter is coming in to tell me that what she wanted was 2.00 and she only took one-so she setteled for less-(COLOR ME STUPID-I WAS EXPECTING CHANGE! When did the ice cream man charge so dang much?) Well, my sister starts yelling at me because I let her go out to the ice cream truck by herself! You never know who could be following the truck just WAITING to snatch a kid! OOPS! Don't I feel awful now...Really, what a SICK world we live in when kids can't even go and get ice cream from the vendor. I remember eating it so fast and getting brain freeze because I didn't want it to melt and run down my hands and be wasted...DAMN, I was not thinking...I am a crappy mom. I never would have forgiven myself if something had happened!
Does anyone remember playing outside and not having your parents watch you? Having to be home when the street lights came on? No cell phones- just tell mom "We are gong to play!" and NOT telling EXACTLY WHERE you were going to be-just be home at the time you were supposed to be home at and all was well, unless you crashed your bike and ripped your elbow or knee open. Doesn't it suck now that I am doing laundry and she can't ride into town or even down the street without me either going with her or watching? WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED? Also, where are the two kids from Idaho? Won't whoever the sick ass is who took them PLEASE give them back!!! Please don't let them be dead too. Espically by the hand of their father...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home