Saturday, May 28, 2005

Great quotes by great ladies

Inside every older lady is a younger lady -- wondering what the hell happened.-Cora Harvey Armstrong
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.-Helen Hayes (at 73)
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as strayeyebrows.-Janette Barber
Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.-Lily Tomlin
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.-Carrie Snow
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with yourgirlfriends.-Laurie Kuslansky
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.-Erma Bombeck
Old age ain't no place for sissies.-Bette Davis
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.-Rhonda Hansome
The phrase "working mother" is redundant.-Jane Sellman
Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.-Jennifer Unlimited
Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thoughthalf as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.-Charlotte Whitton
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your bodystarts falling
apart.-Caryn Leschen

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.-Jennifer Unlimited
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.-Catherine
When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called ME slow!-Kathy Buckley
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb--and I'm also not blonde.-Dolly Parton
If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.-Sue Grafton
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.-Roseanne Barr
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.-Elayne Boosler
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.-Maryon Pearson
In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.-Margaret Thatcher
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.-Gloria
Steinem

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.-Zsa Zsa Gabor-
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

And MY contribution to this list is-
Friends help you move, REAL friends help you move bodies.-Someone I know said that when I was moving and I found it very uplifting at the time...I can not take credit for it so hats off to whom ever said it first! Oh and it is just a joke! = )~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home